News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

editing files

Started by fangs, January 24, 2017, 02:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangs

So, I'm helping out with working on a site and I have all permissions currently. I was wondering if their was any way to modify mod files. When I go into package manager and click list files, I can open the file but cannot edit anything. I can't edit files in the sources folder on the site either.

br360

The best way to edit files/source files would be via ftp or through c-panel (or similar)

Always make sure that you are making a back up of any files you will be editing first though.

What are you trying to edit btw?

fangs

Thank you, I'm trying to edit the Subs-BBCode-Spoiler.php file to change the colours of something that doesn't fit entirely with our themes colour palette.

Illori

you should not use the admin panel to modify any SMF files even if they do show up there to edit. you will lack a backup of the file in case anything goes wrong with the edit so you cant revert back to how things were before.

Kindred

so, using FTP or the hosting  file managfer is the way to edit things.
However, if you are looking to change colors,etx, then you are probably looking for a CSS file, not a source file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: