News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Malware MW:JS:ANON7 How to remove?

Started by bitstrean, January 24, 2017, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitstrean

Our forum ( hxxp:cse.fmrp.usp.br/equipe/ [nonactive])  has been infected by malware: MW:JS:ANON7
How can I remove it?

Kindred

bets to ask your host....

You may have to delete all files (except Settings.php and the attachments and avatars directories), then load a clean set of files, then reinstall any themes and reinstall any mods (in that order)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bitstrean

Tanks...

kept settings, avatars and atachments...

When running smf the message is displayed:

!Warning!
The installer has detected that you already have SMF installed. It is strongly advised that you do not try to overwrite an existing installation - continuing with installation may result in the loss or corruption of existing data.

If you wish to upgrade please visit the Simple Machines Website and download the latest upgrade package.

If you wish to overwrite your existing installation, including all data, it's recommended that you delete the existing database tables and replace Settings.php and try again.

May I continue?

Illori

dont run the installer, delete the install.php file and the sql files as well.

if you did upload the install files, i hope you have a backup of your Settings.php that you can restore back.

Advertisement: