Implement custom jQuery CDN?

Started by Adz., January 24, 2017, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz.

I see xenforo has the option to have jquery cdn automatically. If we won't have this option in the near feature then is there a guide how to implement Microsoft or Google jQuery CDN manually in SMF? Need some ideas how to add the tags in the files.

Cheers.

-

Paracelsus

Quote from: Adz. on January 24, 2017, 07:06:15 PM
I see xenforo has the option to have jquery cdn automatically. If we won't have this option in the near feature then is there a guide how to implement Microsoft or Google jQuery CDN manually in SMF? Need some ideas how to add the tags in the files.

Cheers.

-

If the only thing to be done is to put the link they have there (starting with script src and so on) then it's the easiest thing to do... I mean, adding those links to index.template.php.

Kindred

this is dealt with in 2.1

I don't believe that 2.0 actually uses jquery as part of the core product
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adz.

In the index.template.php where do i add it? Inbetween the php tags? or above it?

and SMF 2.1 may have it, i need to still test that version.

Kindred

you would replace whatever code the mod(s) which use jquery added...  There is no need to add it to a default/core installation, since SMF 2.0 doesn't use jQuery
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adz.

that's the thing, i don't know which files to add it on.

Kindred

that really depends on what mods you have installed and where they added it....

it might be in index.template.php -- it might be in any of the other template files, depending on what the mod needs or what the mod changed.
Слaва
Украинi

Adz.

When adding the mods, are they applied to the theme templates?

Kindred

depends on the actions you took during the mod installation...

Mods, by default, only install into the default theme unless you select to install them into your other themes.
Слaва
Украинi

Adz.

Quote from: Kindred on January 25, 2017, 03:24:54 PM
depends on the actions you took during the mod installation...

Mods, by default, only install into the default theme unless you select to install them into your other themes.

I use the easy one time upload installation that's built in the core and applied it to my default theme. So your answer would be yes i guess.

Cheers.

Advertisement: