News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Make the Toggle View Button Permanently Activated

Started by Flame Melody, January 24, 2017, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flame Melody

Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to keep the "Toggle View" button permanently on? In the forum I go to, it makes using bold and such much easier for me, but the problem is that I have to click it every time I intend to create a reply. Is there a setting that perhaps can keep it permanently activated once clicked?

Steve

Sorry for being dense but what toggle view button?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Flame Melody

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2017, 08:01:07 PM
Sorry for being dense but what topic view button?

No worries at all. This is the button: It makes text change from this: to this:
It simply changes the text so that I don't see the coding, but the result of the coding instead.

Steve

Ohhhhhh ... sorry, never used it as the WYSIWYG editor is extremely buggy ... hopefully one of the coding gurus will help you out ... :)

Alternately ... couldn't you turn on quick reply in your profile and select the WYSIWYG editor as the quick reply type?

Flame Melody

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2017, 08:11:20 PM
Ohhhhhh ... sorry, never used it as the WYSIWYG editor is extremely buggy ... hopefully one of the coding gurus will help you out ... :)

All right, thank you for your support. I'll wait for someone else :).

Steve

I just edited my post. Don't know if that will help or not.

Flame Melody

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2017, 08:16:44 PM
I just edited my post. Don't know if that will help or not.

I'm not the administrator in the forum I go to, and if it were to me, I'd activate it, but it is their choice to keep it turned off :P. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

Steve

You don't need the admin. Just go to your profile and in 'Look and Layout' you can select both options.

Flame Melody

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2017, 09:20:02 PM
You don't need the admin. Just go to your profile and in 'Look and Layout' you can select both options.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh. I get it. That's very helpful and solved my issue. Thank u very much!

Kindred

However, the WYSIWYG editor in 2.0.x is buggy and actually - these days - we recommend not using it. :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: