News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

can i change this ?

Started by TheBrothersArm, January 25, 2017, 03:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

so if i created acc in "phpmyadmin" and my forum is opened if i type "localhost" so that forum is only for me right ? can i change that can see everybody with change link etc.?

regards

Linkjay

Can you retype what you are trying to ask? I don't think anyone can understand what you're saying. Also, from what I could make out, this doesn't belong in this section of the forums.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Linkjay on January 25, 2017, 03:34:29 PM
Can you retype what you are trying to ask? I don't think anyone can understand what you're saying. Also, from what I could make out, this doesn't belong in this section of the forums.
I created dat smf forum by step: download xaamp,Make acc in google with link i typed: "phpmyadmin" and there make acc, then i go to "localhost" and there was smf forum. I maked all there,type info etc and then it opened my forum. Which link i can open forum is with type in google "localhost" then i see my forum. But i need that my forum need see others users not only me. How can i do that ?

TheBrothersArm

With this tutorial i installed this forum ! Look https://youtu.be/P2R9suhffbg
i do step by step and if i finished create this forum, now can all see this forum if they type this link for example: https://localhost/smf1. ?

br360

You do not want to run a live forum on a local host server.  Do you have a web host? If you want to make your site visible to the public, you would need to move the files to that web host. Take a look at this- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host

Linkjay

Oh, so from what I can see you are trying to setup a forums. Hosting a forums that you expect people to connect to on your own computer and internet connection is a pretty bad idea. A lot of traffic from people could be too much for your router to handle unless you have a beefy internet connection. If you are still wanting to host on your machine, you will need to port forward for people to be able to see your forums.

This post should be able to give you some information on building a forums: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=139477.0

What you're trying to do requires quite a bit of experience and I highly recommend you look into a host with autoinstallers before you try and host your own forums.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

Shambles

Quote from: _Filip linkBut i need that my forum need see others users not only me. How can i do that ?

https://ngrok.com/

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Shambles on January 25, 2017, 04:03:50 PM
Quote from: _Filip linkBut i need that my forum need see others users not only me. How can i do that ?

https://ngrok.com/
so with this my forum can see others too ?

Kindred

Filip,

given your obvious inexperience and non-technical background, You absolutely should NOT even consider doing that.
Running your forum on your own, localhost, machine and then opening that to the internet is a very very very very bad decision.

get a host. install the forum there.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

guys where can i know dat port ? i know name,hostname but still don't understand where i can know "so in 00webhost i can see there or not ?

Drunken Clam

Why are you trying to Administrate a Filezilla server????

As Kindred has intimated, you obviously don't have the required skills.

Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Buy a domain
2. Get a host
3. Install SMF on the host. (preferably using an FTP client such as Filezilla)
4. Make sure your Nameservers are pointing to the correct place.
5. Wait for your domain name to propagate around the globe
6. Enjoy your new forum.

8)

Kindred

And, once again...  you really need to talk to your HOST about how to configure your FTP connection. That is outside of SMF support...   but we have actually explained it to you 5 or 6 times now.   Since you can't seem to understand our explanations, please ask your host (who you are paying to support you) to help you set it up.

https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq
see the section labelled:     File Upload Questions
https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq/where-can-i-find-my-ftp-information-11
https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq/how-do-i-upload-files-to-my-website-7
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Drunken Clam on January 26, 2017, 08:22:48 AM
Why are you trying to Administrate a Filezilla server????

As Kindred has intimated, you obviously don't have the required skills.

Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Buy a domain
2. Get a host
3. Install SMF on the host. (preferably using an FTP client such as Filezilla)
4. Make sure your Nameservers are pointing to the correct place.
5. Wait for your domain name to propagate around the globe
6. Enjoy your new forum.

8)
Quote from: Kindred on January 26, 2017, 08:25:40 AM
And, once again...  you really need to talk to your HOST about how to configure your FTP connection. That is outside of SMF support...   but we have actually explained it to you 5 or 6 times now.   Since you can't seem to understand our explanations, please ask your host (who you are paying to support you) to help you set it up.

https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq
see the section labelled:     File Upload Questions
https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq/where-can-i-find-my-ftp-information-11
https://www.000webhost.com/website-faq/how-do-i-upload-files-to-my-website-7
Where can I find my FTP information?

"""To find your FTP details, please log on to your control panel, click the 'View FTP Details' link and you will be presented with your information."""

so from that link i need open it on FileZila to see my information about FTP details ? right ?

Drunken Clam

You need to use your browser and go to your 000webhost account. Login to your account, then find your Control Panel.

Within your Control Panel there will be a link to 'View FTP Details' clicking this link will show all you need to connect. Write these down.

Open your Filezilla client and use the details you have written down to connect to your webspace.

Then, follow the instructions for installing SMF

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Drunken Clam on January 26, 2017, 10:02:11 AM
You need to use your browser and go to your 000webhost account. Login to your account, then find your Control Panel.

Within your Control Panel there will be a link to 'View FTP Details' clicking this link will show all you need to connect. Write these down.

Open your Filezilla client and use the details you have written down to connect to your webspace.

Then, follow the instructions for installing SMF

there i cant see one information and thats "PORT" that  i need type in filezila.

TheBrothersArm

GUYS ! i maked that in SmartFTP client and i log in to my acc (all info typed there) and i copied all files to Folder /Public html (ROOT) and i uploaded all files there (means smf install folders etc) and if i have it uploaded all so where now i need go ? there is screen:

lets go to next step :D

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 26, 2017, 01:43:56 PM
GUYS ! i maked that in SmartFTP client and i log in to my acc (all info typed there) and i copied all files to Folder /Public html (ROOT) and i uploaded all files there (means smf install folders etc) and if i have it uploaded all so where now i need go ? there is screen:

[edit] removed size tags - Illori

You need to now go to your domain that points to the IP of your web server. If you do not have a domain, then just go to the solid IP.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Linkjay on January 26, 2017, 02:02:13 PM

You need to now go to your domain that points to the IP of your web server. If you do not have a domain, then just go to the solid IP.
so go to www.mydomain.com/install.php ??

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 26, 2017, 02:35:41 PM

Yup.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Linkjay on January 26, 2017, 11:18:58 PM

Yup.
Alright Linkjay, thanks for your time helping me :). When that upload finish, i will go to www.mydomain.com/install.php and i will tell there if its work or not. Others i know how i need install that (smf forum). Have a nice day

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 27, 2017, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: Linkjay on January 26, 2017, 11:18:58 PM

[-snip-]http://i68.tinypic.com/4ntaw.jpg[/img]

Yup.
Alright Linkjay, thanks for your time helping me :). When that upload finish, i will go to www.mydomain.com/install.php and i will tell there if its work or not. Others i know how i need install that (smf forum). Have a nice day

No problem! Glad I could help. :)

TheBrothersArm

hey guys there are results. I do all what i need do then after uploading in Smart FTP client im go to www.mydomain.com/install.php and thats not work. i maked video about my problem and look: Video

Kindred

you need to use YOUR ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME! !!!

mydomain.com is a palceholder that we use since we don't know what your actual domain name is.  You have to replace that with your actual domain name
Слaва
Украинi

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on January 27, 2017, 01:30:45 PM
you need to use YOUR ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME! !!!

mydomain.com is a palceholder that we use since we don't know what your actual domain name is.  You have to replace that with your actual domain name
can i tell u name of my domain name or not ?

Kindred

no. we can not because you have never told us.

When you signed up for a hosting account, what domain did you purchase?
Слaва
Украинi

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on January 27, 2017, 01:41:18 PM

What you signed up for a hosting account, what domain did you purchase?
wait wait, before than i use www.mydomain.com/install.php i need buy domain on that page ? oh

Kindred

you need to purchase a domain name and have your host configured to  use that domain

Where did you connect to when you used ftp?
Слaва
Украинi

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 27, 2017, 01:42:15 PM

wait wait, before than i use www.mydomain.com/install.php i need buy domain on that page ? oh

If you did not purchase a domain, then just use the web server IP on your machine. That should be somewhere on the hosting control panel. Once you find it, use it like this: http://71.341.456.123/install.php

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Linkjay on January 27, 2017, 01:52:22 PM

If you did not purchase a domain, then just use the web server IP on your machine. That should be somewhere on the hosting control panel. Once you find it, use it like this: http://71.341.456.123/install.php
So if i type like this, i will see SMF installer ?

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 27, 2017, 02:49:54 PM

So if i type like this, i will see SMF installer ?

Yes but you will need to get the correct IP for your machine. That was just an example one I made.

TheBrothersArm

Damn guys, have a patiance with newbie please. And linkjay,i cant found that my ip in Cpanel :/. Btw if i buy domain like [name].com for example, i just need type www.mydomain.com/install.php and i will see dat SMF installer. And if u want Linky, lets go pm and u will explain me all by step by step if u can/want. :)

TheBrothersArm

Dzonny

You could find answers to most of your questions by googling around. This is not related to SMF itself. The same is for domain. You can purchase the domain, set it up, and once you have it working - you can access to your smf installation by going to yoururl.com/install.php
If you don't want do purchase domain you may want to speak to your hosting support to see if they can provide you an IP so you can access your files through it, or maybe they offer free subdomain or something you can use instead.
Either way, we can't help you directly - please contact your hosting support.

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on January 29, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
Dont u forget me?  :/

Filip, I have done my best to help you. Like Kindred said, you are clearly inexperienced and shouldn't even be trying to do this. Look at Dzonny's post and try and learn how to do these things on your own.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Linkjay on January 29, 2017, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: _Filip on January 29, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
Dont u forget me?  :/

Filip, I have done my best to help you. Like Kindred said, you are clearly inexperienced and shouldn't even be trying to do this. Look at Dzonny's post and try and learn how to do these things on your own.
ye, i now trying do anything and really guys for help :) going continue...

Advertisement: