Error With Convert to UTF8

Started by Harvester, January 27, 2017, 10:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

I think Illori's got this well in hand to help you...

also, this error
Undefined index: smfgallery_menu
is likely due to the gallery menu object/text not being properly defined in your topnav menu
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harvester

I swear this is like wack a mole! lol

I did what you said and dropped the item from the messages index,,,

I tried to run the conversion and now got this:

http://fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=database;activity=convertutf8
Database Error: Column 'subject' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index

ALTER TABLE smf_related_subjects
CHANGE COLUMN subject subject tinyblob NOT NULL
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home3/jared867/public_html/fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Line: 666

Harvester

I went to smf_related_subject and did the same thing as instructed before and dropped the line in the indexes with FULLTEXT and now my site loads at least... im gonna try conversion again

Harvester

and now i get this

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=database;activity=convertutf8

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc desc blob NOT NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN module module tinyblob NOT NULL,
' at line 3

ALTER TABLE smf_shop_items
CHANGE COLUMN name name varbinary(50) NOT NULL default '',
CHANGE COLUMN desc desc blob NOT NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN module module tinyblob NOT NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN info1 info1 blob NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN info2 info2 blob NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN info3 info3 blob NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN info4 info4 blob NULL,
CHANGE COLUMN image image tinyblob NULL
File: /home3/jared867/public_html/fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Line: 666

Harvester

i think in the above case, I may just delete the shop mod and reinstall when all is fixes.. if i delete the mod (im gonna do it manually using the parser) can I then just delete the tables it created?

Kindred

See.. basically, all of your issues seem to be from mods.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harvester

Quote from: Kindred on January 29, 2017, 06:51:13 PM
See.. basically, all of your issues seem to be from mods.

I am seeing this and I didn't doubt it, I just was hoping for an option that didn't have me deleting every mod I have set up. Some of the mods I paid to have installed and I dont want to have to pay again. Hoping those mods aren't part of the issue.

I really do appreciate everyones help, very much. That is the main reason why I have stuck with SMF since 2006. My largest and most popular site was SMF for all the years I owned and ran it (06-12) until I sold the site and the new owners switched it to vbulletin.

Harvester

SUCCESS!!! I deleted SMFShop and all it's database entries and when I re-ran the conversion to UTF8 I now saw this:

The maintenance task 'Convert the database and data to UTF-8' was executed successfully.

Thank you all!

Now, here's to hoping that solves my issue of truncating after pasted apostrophes.

Harvester

success!! Thank you all so much for helping me with this! That is why I LOVE SMF! The support is second to none.

Ive said thsi before and i will say it again... I have been using SMF for 11 years (since 2011) on all my sites. After I sold my biggest most successful site back in fall of 2012 my new site, shelled out a lot of money to buy vBulletin. It took me only a few months to abandon, regardless of the money I spent on it, and come back to SMF - The best!! :)

Harvester

Quote from: Kindred on January 29, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

also, this error
Undefined index: smfgallery_menu
is likely due to the gallery menu object/text not being properly defined in your topnav menu

can you explain what that means Kindred? Id love to try and fix that issue if I can.

Illori

the best way to fix that is to post in the mods support topic and the author should be able to help resolve that.

Harvester

Quote from: Illori on January 29, 2017, 08:50:16 PM
the best way to fix that is to post in the mods support topic and the author should be able to help resolve that.

I thought that would be the way to go but I seem to have Aeva Media 1.4w installed and when I search Aeva Media in the mods, I dont find it. I dont know how else to find the mod thread. I know I got the mod from this site and the mods section.

Kindred

AEVA was removed a while ago for reasons...  (additionally, it has not been supported by its author for several years now)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: