News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to remove the clock on the header.

Started by freddy123, January 28, 2017, 09:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddy123

I managed to delete the clock before, but I had to restore my files after a mistake and now I forgot how I got rid of the clock, the first time around.

So far I have gone into the index.css and found 'ticktock' but nothing I try deleted it. It just moves here and there.

I'm sure its very simple. If someone could help out, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Linkjay

I am assuming you are referring to the time text thing that appears at or near the top of the page. If this is not correct, please link us to your theme that you are using.

In most cases, removing the CSS of an element will not remove the actual element. If you want to remove the clock from a theme, navigate to your Themes folder then open the folder that is your current theme and open the index.template.php file.

Now you're going to want to CTRL + F search for $context['current_time'] and it should lead you to a line like this:

<span>', $context['current_time'],'</span>

Now all you have to do is comment out the line or remove it entirely. If you want to comment it out, cut the code from <span> to </span> and paste it outside of the '; (outside of the echo) then put two slashes before the first <span> tag. So it should go from this:

to this:

Then that should be it. :)
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Kindred

Or set the CSS for .time to be display:none;
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: