Unable to patch to 2.0.13

Started by pmc_sysop, January 30, 2017, 01:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmc_sysop

Hi,
Base install was 2.0.11.  Had to fix permissions and create a temp folder in packages put apparently the 2.0.12 patch "took".  Don't recall any errors. This is shows in package manager:installed packages:

1.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0   [ Uninstall ]
2.   SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor   2.0.7   [ Uninstall ]

however when I go back to browse packages I don't see the notice that 2.0.13 needed to be installed.  I grabbed the package manually but now don't see an option to install it?

BTW, I grabbed 2.0.12 twice

package manager:browse packages

Modification Packages
Mod Name   Version   
1.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   SMF 2.0.13 Update   1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor   2.0.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

The forum footer also still shows 2.0.11 as the version...  Is there a fix?
Regards

Kindred

so, it would seem that the 2.0.12 patch was not actually installed... (in other words, it never changed the files/code)

This happens when hosts have poorly configured their apache/php users/owners so that the attempts by the package manager to edit code (through the php user) do not generate an error, but are rejected by the server and never saved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pmc_sysop

Hmm, woud I be able to spot check any fields in the DB to verify this?  Also, since the SMF interface does show the patch as installed, then at least some edits were accomplished?  Maybe it's a case of an incomplete install?
Regards
Phil M

Kindred

probably not.   The patch shows as installed because there were no errors generated and the database got updated.  the FILES themselves are almost certainly NOT updated
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pmc_sysop

OK, so I then should follow this procedure:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

using the 2.0.13  large upgrade archive file, or should I revert to 2.0.11 using large upgrade archive file and then apply 2.0.12 and 2.0.13 fresh from the package manager?

Kindred

How many mods do you have applied?

If you don't have many, then, yes...   the full upgrade would probably be your best bet -- then reapply the mods.
Слaва
Украинi

pmc_sysop

I'm sorry, your answer wasn't clear to me.  I see both 2.0.11 upgrade and 2.0.12 upgrade packages in the download area.
SMF 2.0.12 Upgrade
SMF 2.0.11 Upgrade

Which is better for this situation?

Illori

2.0.13 if you are using the large upgrade package.

pmc_sysop

Even though I apparently only had a partially applied patch of 2.0.12?

Illori

yes. it will override all the files you have in place.

Advertisement: