News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Kinda curious if I got the mod authors on my theme right.

Started by Linkjay, January 31, 2017, 01:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkjay

Well I got this theme called Blackened on my forums. It was posted by Mick. on the mod site which, keep in mind this was months ago, I found the name Mick. G for him. Somewhere before that, I found a name IDesign360 in the source and that is who I credited it to originally on the header. Then I searched after that and that is when I found Bryan D. posted something related to this and the current credits I have posted on my header now are given to Mick G. and Bryan D.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2665

I don't remember seeing a visible copyright, but just to be safe, I am going to reinstall the theme on my test site and see if there was one. Now my main question is who do I give credits to?

EDIT: Found this out on my test site:

Don't quite remember where I got Bryan D from but I will edit it to be just Mick G. until I get informed on something otherwise.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Gary

Bryan took ownership over Mick's themes a while back which is why his name would appear. IDesign360 was the same, originally owned by Mick until Bryan took over.

Bryan might suggest otherwise, but I'd recommend crediting both men.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Linkjay

Quote from: Gary on January 31, 2017, 05:17:27 AM
Bryan took ownership over Mick's themes a while back which is why his name would appear. IDesign360 was the same, originally owned by Mick until Bryan took over.

Bryan might suggest otherwise, but I'd recommend crediting both men.

Huh, kinda complicated for a theme lol.

I PMed Bryan, I will see what he has to say about it.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

Deaks

Gary is kinda  right I didnt take ownership just ran it for mick with consent of his wife.  I dont remember my name being on it :/ or adding it :\
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Linkjay

Quote from: Bryan D on February 01, 2017, 01:24:40 AM
Gary is kinda  right I didnt take ownership just ran it for mick with consent of his wife.  I dont remember my name being on it :/ or adding it :\

I saw your name and added it myself later on because I was just confused. I saw three different names and then searching it all up just led to more questions than answers. I was just wondering what you thought I should do in the credits. Should I credit just Mick or credit all three or what?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Linkjay

Quote from: Bryan D on February 01, 2017, 04:28:05 PM
theme should just be Mick. G

Okay done then. These are the copyrights on my site currently:

Marked solved.

Advertisement: