Cannot log back into forum, getting notifications upon posting. Please help!

Started by RushAss, February 03, 2017, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RushAss

Hi Folks!  I'm the owner of a table top gaming company called Your Move Games and our Simple Machines forum is the lifeblood of our online community.  The last couple of weeks some of our members where getting various error notifications at the top of their screen after posting a message.  The new post would still go through but then the user would be redirected to the main directory and would have to drill back down to find their post.  I started experiencing this myself so I tried logging out and logging back in to see if that solved the issue and instead of logging in, I'd be redirected to a blank page with this message:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ymgforum/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

And to make matters worse, it never logs me in.  So now I can't log into my own forum.  Any idea what this could be and how do I solve it?  We're using Version 1.1.20.  Any help would be appreciated.

lurkalot

Sounds like your host has upgraded the PHP version, You will probably have to upgrade to SMF 2.0.xx to get it working again. 

Only guessing though.

RushAss

I just submitted a ticket to them and you may very well be right.  Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement: