Info not showing up...

Started by Thread Killer, February 04, 2017, 10:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Killer

I have forum admin privileges on the forum I am writing about.  I am not even sure how to articulate the problem, I did try a search on the Monthly Summary issue, but did not find any answers.  I guess I will use that as issue #1.  It does not seem to want to update.  It appears to be stuck somewhere in the middles of 2/3/2017.

Also, and it appears these issue are just related to my use.  I seem to have to refresh a page after I have posted to make the post show up.  Also, if I read a PM and delete it, next time I go back to PM's it is there.

I realize this is some abstract ****, so help maybe very difficult.  Yes, I have logged in and out many times.  Restarted computer, many times.

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.21
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.21

Kindred

Well, for one thing, you should probably upgrade to 2.0.13
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Thread Killer

I agree...it is not my site, and neither I nor the owner/site admin know much about computers so he has to end up paying someone and he is goin through some health issues right now, so it is a perfect storm..  There was a tab that said (can't remember exact verbage) update or some such when I was at the Administration Center and I wish I had not clicked on it, I think that is when the trouble started...Is there a restore point on this software by any chance?

I guess it is good that it is just me and not the whole site...I should have studied much harder in IS 50 in college in 1981!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can pm admin and ftp access (server/username/password), will have a look.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Thread Killer

I am not computer savy enough to even know what you are asking me....

Dzonny

Quote from: Thread Killer on February 05, 2017, 11:23:04 AM
I am not computer savy enough to even know what you are asking me....
He's asking for forum admin account (username and pass) and FTP access (How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?). If you can provide those info from a person who owns a web server/hosting that would be useful.

Thread Killer

I see, thank you...no, I do not have access to that info.  So that one is a bust. 

Maybe start with the simple thing...any reason why the Monthly Summary would have just stopped updating the daily numbers for Feb.?  It appears the running total is continuing, but the daily stopped some where on the 3rd?  Any Idea how I could correct that!  I have tried to see if I can get in somewhere to fix it, but I cant even see anything on that site that tracks it.

Dzonny

Have you tried to perform a "Find and repair any errors" from admin - maintenance?
Also there's a "Recount all forum totals and statistics" in the maintenance, so try that one as well.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF1.1:Forum_Maintenance

Thread Killer

Knew about the 1st and tried it, did not know about 2nd...tried it with no luck!

I do appreciate folks trying to help.  I guess will just have to be happy with running total till Owner is back in the saddle.

Dzonny

Well, your error log would help, so if there's something listed in error log (you can find it in admin panel - maintenance) you can share it here with us. Also you can copy/paste list of installed mods.
Whatever problem is, you'll need admin privileges on forum/server to fix those, so there's no much you can do from this point though.

Thread Killer

I have Admin privileges...I thought the one person was asking me if I had access to the site that hosts Pelletheads.com...see no issues listed in the error log...

Thread Killer

And Ta Da, today it is working fine...my life story!  Do not know if the owner went in or had someone go in but Bingo!

Want to again say thank you for those that tried to help!

Advertisement: