News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

what i need ?

Started by TheBrothersArm, February 07, 2017, 12:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

In my 000webhost on my server FTP info, i need also use the right version of ftp ?
like there is:
FTP.07
FTP 0.5 and something like that, do i need browse this ?

TheBrothersArm

No guys wait, i now created "subdomain" and create my own domain name and i clicked on that link and there opened SMF installer so i need now upload that in FileZila and we will see !

d3vcho

Will leave here my two cents; When I was a newbie I used to watch some tutorials on YouTube on how to install SMF. They used FTP, a hosting (or localhost, is mostly the same) and that worked for me. "A video is worth a thousand words"

Did you try that? If not, it's a good option to start :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: d3vcho on February 07, 2017, 01:17:38 PM
Will leave here my two cents; When I was a newbie I used to watch some tutorials on YouTube on how to install SMF. They used FTP, a hosting (or localhost, is mostly the same) and that worked for me. "A video is worth a thousand words"

Did you try that? If not, it's a good option to start :)
but localhost is only for forum which only you can see that forum (localhost) and i have localhost forum (smf) but only me can see that.

d3vcho

Sure, but the procedure is almost the same for a hosting.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: d3vcho on February 07, 2017, 01:27:22 PM
Sure, but the procedure is almost the same for a hosting.
i better upload all in SmartFTP   ;)

TheBrothersArm

kk i all uploaded and SmartFTP also im still connected to my server and if i all upload, all is finished (upload), what now ? i going to my domain and there is SMF installer but they saying: 

Critical Error!
The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

so what's that if i all uploaded in SmartFTP clien ? i need do something like "UPDATE" and then do it ?

regards

Kindred

SMF 2.0.13 does not currently support php7

Talk to your host.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on February 08, 2017, 08:15:46 AM
SMF 2.0.13 does not currently support php7

Talk to your host.
Is there way i can change my version of SMF or php ?

Illori

you can get it changed by talking to your host.

TheBrothersArm

guys what's that ? i uploaded all in SmartFTP client, i have created database and web adress but always when i all upload then i click on that SMF installer it always says:

Critical Error!
The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

and my PHP version is PHP 5.6 and i'm using SMF 2.0.13 and Kindred says it don't support so which version of PHP can i install that ? propably it don't load cuz i need good PHP version.

Kindred

the error that you got indicates that your host is running php7, not 5.6

If you had php 5.6, then it would load.

talk to your host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
the error that you got indicates that your host is running php7, not 5.6

If you had php 5.6, then it would load.

talk to your host
i already have PHP 5.6 but still nothing.

PHP version

PHP version will change instantly. Make sure your software is compatible with the PHP version of the website. 000webhost supports all major PHP versions.

Current version: PHP 5.6
PHP 5.2
PHP 5.3
PHP 5.4
PHP 5.5
PHP 5.6
PHP 7.0
PHP 7.1

TheBrothersArm

guys i do it ! finally but there is problem, look and tell what i need do:

Critical Error!
Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
ProxySQL Error: Access denied for user 'Filip'@'2a02:4780:bad:f00d::3' (using password: YES)

Sir Osis of Liver

You need the correct database server, database name, username and password.  If you don't have that info, look in the MySQL database section of your host control panel.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: