Does SMF 2.0.x still not support php7?

Started by Joseph689, February 09, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph689

Does SMF 2.0.x still not support php7?

Just received the dreaded error:
Critical Error!
The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Followup:
Sorry guys, just saw the Sticky!!

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Joseph689

Quote from: Steve on February 09, 2017, 08:03:27 PM
The next update (2.0.14) will.

Great news!!

Is there an approximate ETA on 2.0.14?

Illori

Joseph689

Quote from: Illori on February 10, 2017, 09:24:21 AM
it will be released when it is ready.

Thank you for a very enlightening response!  :o

Kindred

that is the same response we have always given and the response which we will always give.

We are a volunteer group and we never promise release dates.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xero22390

I DID find a temporary work-around by copying the "Subs-DB-mysqli.php" file from the 2.1 beta and changing the configuration to mysqli for my 2.0.13 instance. I'm relatively new to PHP, so I wouldn't say that it's a sure shot solution for everyone, but it worked for me at least, and I haven't seen anything in my error logs or any abnormalities with my database yet, but it may be worth a shot.

Kindred

it actually is NOT recommended to do that since 2.1 has a different structure in some cases
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Darkviper

It's possible to make SMF2.0.x support PHP 7.0/7.1 in easy way:

send these 6 SQL statements in same order to your database using phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE `smf_log_errors` CHANGE `session` `session` VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
ALTER TABLE `smf_sessions` CHANGE `session_id` `session_id` VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

ALTER TABLE `smf_log_online` DROP PRIMARY KEY;
ALTER TABLE `smf_log_online` CHANGE `session` `session` VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
ALTER TABLE `smf_log_online` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`session`);

UPDATE `smf_settings` SET `databaseSession_enable` = 0;
(replace 'smf_' with your db_prefix)

We've tested this with PHP from 5.6.x up to 7.1.x

have a nice day,
Manuela

Kindred

No, actually, that is not all that needs to be done.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: