News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Searching for a mod

Started by Dredd4DoM, February 13, 2017, 09:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredd4DoM

I would like a mod that if you change the title of your topic to "/lock" your topic will be locked automatically even if you are a user or a mod that you are able to lock your topic even if you are a user

Shambles

Quote from: Dredd4DoM
... a mod that you are able to lock your topic even if you are a user

Standard permissions should let you allow a membergroup to lock own/any topic.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Shambles on February 13, 2017, 09:54:48 AM
Quote from: Dredd4DoM
... a mod that you are able to lock your topic even if you are a user

Standard permissions should let you allow a membergroup to lock own/any topic.

Yep, you don't need a mod to accomplish this...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

landyvlad

To expand...

Rather than using the rather clumsy /lock title change method you propose, you can directly change the member permissions to allow members to lock topics.  Tis can be done selectively so that they can lock any, or only their own topics.

I'd STRONGLY advise you against allowing users to lock topics they haven't started.

The settings can be found in manage permissions - general permissions
scroll down to "default board profile permissions"

Under the topics section there is the capability to lock topics - own topic or any topic.
Changing this will be universal.  If you tick 'own topics' it will give that member group permission to lock any topic they have started, in any of the boards they have access to.

On the other hand, if you want to allow this function only in specific boards within your forum, you can do this via manage permissions - board permissions.

Cheers
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: