What do the [nofollow] and [nonactive] things mean?

Started by Linkjay, January 27, 2017, 02:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkjay

Was curious what they represented and when they would show up?

Also, are there anymore tags that show up for different links in different cases?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Steve

From Google:

QuoteThe nofollow tag is basically a notice sign for search engines saying "don't count this."

Don't know about the other one.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

It is one of the few mods that we have installed here.

Users with fewer than 1 post cannot post links
Fewer than 10 posts gets marked as inactive (the link is posted, but it not actually linked)
Fewer than 25 posts gets marked as nofollow (the link is posted, but is marked as nofollow for google etc)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Linkjay

Quote from: Kindred on January 27, 2017, 06:32:19 PM
It is one of the few mods that we have installed here.

Users with fewer than 1 post cannot post links
Fewer than 10 posts gets marked as inactive (the link is posted, but it not actually linked)
Fewer than 25 posts gets marked as nofollow (the link is posted, but is marked as nofollow for google etc)

That's actually pretty cool. Can I get a mod link? I will definitely want to save this as a potential anti-spam mod to link into if/when I ever need more.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

Kindred

working from mobile...  so links are hard. :P   search for anti-spam links
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Linkjay

Advertisement: