News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Trying my best to upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.13

Started by eclipse74569, February 17, 2017, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eclipse74569

I keep getting the critical file error.  And I've deleted and reinstalled the themes and sources folder, and I still get the error, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Everything is correct according to repair_settings.php.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

I forgot to add:  I am using the big upgrade version.

AND I think I posted this in the wrong forum  :P

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

If you'll post a link to your site I can help you with that, its not anything that can't be fixed...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

eclipse74569

[edit] link removed as upgrade.php is still on the server --Illori

Illori

it looks like you are missing some of the language files, make sure they are all uploaded to your server. if you were using another language even utf-8 english make sure that they are uploaded and try running the upgrade again.

eclipse74569

Quote from: Illori on February 17, 2017, 05:08:01 AM
it looks like you are missing some of the language files, make sure they are all uploaded to your server. if you were using another language even utf-8 english make sure that they are uploaded and try running the upgrade again.

I'm guessing I shouldn't use FileZilla then?  I've tried that already lol

Themes right?

I've even went as far as downloading the English language pack...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eclipse74569

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2017, 09:32:45 AM
why not use filezilla?

I've got the settings where they need to be, and used it to upload the files, still nothing...I just thought of something too.  I'm going to test it out real quick and get back to ya!

edit: plan did not work :/

Double Edit:  adding Attachments to the directory shown me what I was missing...adding those files now and changing the directories for all of them.  Apparently I didn't get all of the attachments, as it was going to the old address before the move over.  Files weren't missing.  The directory was wrong

eclipse74569

Well since I can't edit anymore, I wanted to say thank you guys, I got it figured out!  I Just had to change a few file paths for themes and attachments, and that did the trick

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: