News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how to edit permissions about newbie

Started by TheBrothersArm, February 18, 2017, 04:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

hey how to edit permissions with membership "Newbie" ? i cant search them in permissions and i want to edit they cant lock and remove their topics

TheBrothersArm

I edited it that newbie cant lock their own topic but when i was testing that, they still can

Kindred

how were you testing?

and how did you set it?

Remember... SMF permissions are INCLUSIVE. This means that is **ANY** group gives a user permission to do something, then that user can do it.
(in other words, if the regular member membergroup ALLOWS them to lock their post, then even if newbie DISALLOWS the action, the user can still do it.

[edit] edit a word -Illori
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Linkjay

Quote from: _Filip on February 18, 2017, 02:45:40 PM
So how to fix

Well which permissions are you trying to edit? You can access them in the admin page under the members button.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Illori

you need to enable permissions for post count groups first. which is explained in the wiki page linked above.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Illori on February 18, 2017, 04:35:14 PM
you need to enable permissions for post count groups first. which is explained in the wiki page linked above.
i do all but if i tested it, newbie can still lock,remove their topics

lntit

Just curious, do you use default board permissions?

Illori

you have that set for the regular member group? then you need to enable deny permissions and deny it from the newbie group.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Disallow_and_Deny_-_What's_the_difference_when_it_comes_down_to_permissions

Advertisement: