WYSIWYG

Started by DenDen60, February 18, 2017, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

I like the WYSIWIG used by EZPORTAL, is it possible to use it in SMF?

If not are there other options?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

As Kindred succinctly said, there aren't any current options but when 2.1 is released it will have a new editor. And don't ask when that will be. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

DenDen60

I have downloaded the 2.1 version a few days ago and although the WYSIWYG is better, it is still now userfriendly enough for ordinary people when it comes to including images.

I hope DougieFresh will be able to complete is inline MOD in a way that it will help those who have less coding knowledge to include images.

This being said, I know it is hard to do. Linkedin as been trying to create a WYSIWYG editor and is having a lot of problems.

Kindred

????   Did you even TRY the new inline image attachment in 2.1?

It's completely functional and straight forward  - I think it unlikely that any of the inline 2.0 mods will bother to be redone for 2.1, since 2.1 already handles inline attachments
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DenDen60

What inline image attachment? Where is it? How does it work? :-(

All I saw was an "Insert an image" icone. When I clicked on it, it ask me to input a URL for an image. :-(

I imagine that if you say it is there, it is there, but why did I not see it? :-(

Jailer

It's at the bottom of the reply box, Attachments and other options

Kindred

As for adding an image url...   that remained the same... and is always inline, as it always has been.
Слaва
Украинi

DenDen60

Thanks for the information Jailer. I had seen this and I had tried it, but how is this different than what we have now? How do we include an image in the message?

It is simple with the URL, but how do we do it with an attachment?
How does this simplify the job of an ordinary user?

Kindred

Did you even TRY the attachments in 2.1?

it gives you all sorts of options.... it is very different form the 2.0 attachment system, in terms of interface
Слaва
Украинi

DenDen60

Of course I did, but I did not have all kind of options as you say. Are those by default or you need to configure SMF?

I had done both wityh URl and attachment.

Jailer

Quote from: Denis Pageau on February 20, 2017, 04:46:52 PM
Thanks for the information Jailer. I had seen this and I had tried it, but how is this different than what we have now? How do we include an image in the message?

It is simple with the URL, but how do we do it with an attachment?
How does this simplify the job of an ordinary user?

There is an insert button that lets you place the image wherever you want. It can be done like HERE in line with text or
HERE
Between lines of text or at the end like:
HERE

It really is slick and I like it a lot. Nice improvement!

DenDen60

There is an "Insert an image" icone beside the color icone, but I don't see any other options either in the menu or with in the attachment section. :-(

I am using Crome and I have the 2.1 Beta version.

Illori

you  need to use the version of SMF 2.1 from github to have this feature.

DenDen60

Quote from: Illori on February 20, 2017, 05:37:52 PM
you  need to use the version of SMF 2.1 from github to have this feature.

That explains it.

DenDen60

I am not familiar with Github.

Do I download the October 8th version?

Illori

DenDen60

Much better.  8)

Now I was able to see the images as I was previewing the message, but they disappeared when I posted them. (Image 1 and 2)

However, if I post directly without previewing it worked well ( image 3 )

Advertisement: