Recent slew of error messages

Started by ducpainter, February 18, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducpainter

i have a forum running SMF 1.1.21 that has been relatively error free for years, Recently I've seen 6 pages of errors not related to users forgetting their password.

The errors are all related to the same file and read as follows...

Error message '8: Undefined index: id
File: /var/www/vhosts/ducatimonsterforum.org/httpdocs/mobiquo/push_hook.php
Line: 29'
The only recent change is my host has updated the Plesk panel on our server which seems to be about the time the errors started occuring, the forum seems to be running fine, and no users have reported any issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Shambles

Check your Tapatalk plugin is uptodate.

Illori

also you should really be upgrading to SMF 2.0.13 as SMF 1.1.* is no longer getting security updates.

ducpainter

Quote from: Shambles on February 18, 2017, 11:43:33 AM
Check your Tapatalk plugin is uptodate.
Tapatalk is up to date.

Quote from: Illori on February 18, 2017, 01:00:25 PM
also you should really be upgrading to SMF 2.0.13 as SMF 1.1.* is no longer getting security updates.
I knew you'd say that. :P

Can I update to 2.0.13 and use the stylesheet from 1.1.21? My forum has css mods to the default theme that were custom written and I don't have the knowledge to rewrite them.

Thanks for the replies.

Shambles

I can see what's going on now (within your Tapatalk.v3.0.1 "push" system) which is fixed in version 4.4.1 (for SMF 2.0.*)

If you'd like to attach your mobiquo/push_hook.php file I can edit in the change you need.

I'd like to reinforce Illori's recommendation that you upgrade. You can work out the styling changes later...

Illori

Quote from: ducpainter on February 18, 2017, 02:02:30 PM
Can I update to 2.0.13 and use the stylesheet from 1.1.21? My forum has css mods to the default theme that were custom written and I don't have the knowledge to rewrite them.

no themes for SMF 1.1 will not work on SMF 2.0. you need to upgrade sooner then later as SMF 1.1 does not support the latest versions of php and you will start to get error sooner then later.

ducpainter

Is the attached file what you're looking for Shambles?

Thanks for your time Illori. My host is still using php 5.4.13, but of course you're right. It's inevitable that the old SMF software will begin to create problems.

I'm sure when I make the switch I'll be back to get help to fix what I break. ;D

Shambles

Ok this should get around the issue.

ducpainter

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes

Shambles

Quote from: ducpainter
... I'll let you know how it goes

Did it go?

ducpainter

Quote from: Shambles on March 28, 2017, 05:24:09 PM
Quote from: ducpainter
... I'll let you know how it goes