News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum not coming up at all

Started by DVDfever, February 18, 2017, 04:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVDfever

Originally, I had a forum at hxxp:forum.dvd-fever.co.uk [nonactive]

The other day, I moved the domain from 123-reg to 1&1 and now it doesn't work at all. All the files are still there.

However, I tried creating another database and starting from scratch, and setting it all afresh, and the new link is below, but I get the same result. It just goes back to the homepage, as if the forum page doesn't exist.

I'd rather stick with the original one if I can, but it's not a hassle if I can't.

dvd-fever.co.uk/forum2017/index.php

PS. It says I can't post external links, but this is essential to this problem.

Thanks.

DVDfever

Ta muchly. I've always had the database with 1&1 but something went ka-ka along the way. I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if this change caused the problem.

However, with the repair tool, I got it looking normal again, but I now have to use the rather overlong URL hxxp:dvd-fever.co.uk/clickandbuilds/SMF/DVDfever/ [nonactive]

rather then hxxp:forum.dvd-fever.co.uk [nonactive] which I'd rather have.

Even when I try to change it back to that using the repair tool (which I've now deleted a it recommends me to do - although I have it saved just in case) it just gets completely rejected when it used to work perfectly fine. That I don't understand. What have I missed?

Kindred

You can nit just change the URL or oaths without actually moving the files as well
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DVDfever

Quote from: Kindred on February 18, 2017, 08:56:35 PM
You can nit just change the URL or oaths without actually moving the files as well

I don't know how it happened before, but I just told it hxxp:forum.dvd-fever.co.uk [nonactive] with the files where they are now and it worked.

Gluz

Maybe you had a subdomain in place for that path, you can try to set up that and run the repair_settings.php again from the subdomain.

DVDfever

Quote from: Gluz on February 19, 2017, 07:21:26 AM
Maybe you had a subdomain in place for that path, you can try to set up that and run the repair_settings.php again from the subdomain.

Ah, that's it! Just got that sorted out. Excellent, thankyou :)

Advertisement: