News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Integrated Chat for SMF?

Started by Harvester, February 18, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvester

Anyone know of any chats that will easily integrate with SMF 2.0.13?  All the options i once used seem to be gone or no longer supported now.

Linkjay

SimplePortal has a shoutbox feature that you can use on the rest of the forum AFAIK.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

sky23

There are tons of highly expensive php Chats for SMF on the market..(up to 900$.......), most based on monthly payments...
But not one simple Chat right now for SMF. Chatwee is not useful...and ADK PortaL? better not..hate this thing anyway..
btw, shoutboxes are no chats...most people want a private chat, not one of these crazy shoutboxes

Arantor

What do you see as the difference between a chat and a shout box?

sky23

do i miss something with shoutboxes? first, they all public, or from each member seen in shoutboxes, right? but what if you want single private chats with members? :laugh:
btw, the none existing chat mod's right now are a stopper for smf future clients.
chats, like former sm chat are essential for a forum, not shoutboxes.
and if you even use cloudflare none of all are working anymore anyway...

Kindred

sa chat works just peachy, AFAIK...

as for cloudflare... why bother?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: