News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How do I remove old unused log-on names

Started by SusanJoM, February 20, 2017, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusanJoM

Over the years I've set up a few different log-on names so I can test what happens when I log on as an administrator or as a moderator or as a user.

They are no longer useful, but they show up in the LogIn window (an ever increasing list) each time I log on.

Is there a way to weed out the old and in the way names?

Thank you

Shambles

SusanJoM

Okay, so that makes me sound like an idiot, and I don't' think that's the case, so maybe you would clarify how and where I can do that.

Gluz

In the Log in form?

Is your browser is filling the Username and gives you option to select between that usernames?

SusanJoM

Quote from: Gluz on February 20, 2017, 04:05:54 PM
In the Log in form?

Is your browser is filling the Username and gives you option to select between that usernames?

Exactly.
And if I select any one on the list, it fills in the password and moves on.  There is no way (that I see) to select and delete any of them.

SusanJoM

Okay, okay, okay, maybe I am a tad stoopider than I thought.
Now I understand that you want me to delete in in my browser.
Got it.  Thank you for jogging my mind.

I will mark this solved.

Shambles

Quite often, highlighting the entry (in the browser) then hitting shift+delete will remove it from the browsers form history.

Good that you're sorted.

SusanJoM

I had the wrong end of the stick and didn't realize that the user name and password were stored in my browser.  I was looking in SMF itself.  Good lesson.  Thank you.

Advertisement: