News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email works but won't send anyone who registers an email on registration

Started by king5055, February 21, 2017, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king5055

I have had my site for a while for a community I have been running, however, I can't get the site to send a person who registers an email.

I followed this thread here: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/E-Mails_-_Why_are_members_not_getting_emails_sent_from_the_forum and it worked the small little PHP code at the bottom. However, when a person registers on the site they don't get sent an email. The email am using is an outlook email

If anyone can help or would find it easier to talk in person I can message them my Teamspeak 3 server.

I would provide more information but I have quite a little experience with SMF and email servers.

Kindred

the outlook mail is the problem, I suspect...
your webmaster address (aka the address the system uses to send) typically needs to be the same domain as your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

king5055

I don't think that the problem since an email is sent when I use the PHP file in the post so it should be work. Outlook also uses something called STARTTLS what I found another page where the Subs-Posts.php file had to be edited (in the sources folder) I tried this and it made no difference, I'll try find that post and put a link in here if I find it again.

Advertisement: