Tapatalk and Theme

Started by lurkio, February 22, 2017, 07:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkio

Hi,

my SMF forum has ended up in a bit of a pickle. Ive installed the tapatalk mod, and it seems to have an incompatible theme. I no longer want to use tapatalk and would like to get rid of it. However, it doesn't show up in the package manager - it does show as installed - but when I try to uninstall it fails.

The main problem I'm seeing is that certain admin screens just bounce back to the main screen - theme and registration  ect . the errors are all tapatalk related - tapatalk hooks etc

I can't change the back to the default theme, so am a bit stuck

is there anyway I can install tapatalk mod from the back end?

thanks
Simon

lntit

Are you actually want to uninstall Tapatalk or install it? ???
Manual Installation of Mods
...and uninstalling is basically the way "backwards", remove the mod's code and add the original code.

Steve

Quote from: lurkio on February 22, 2017, 07:17:53 AMI can't change the back to the default theme, so am a bit stuck

Can you go here and then to admin -> themes and layout to change it to default? your forum url/index.php?theme=1
DO NOT pm me for support!

HDB

Sounds like you are saying that you installed Tapatalk on your forum as a "theme". It is not a theme and if somehow you installed it as a theme then you are in a pickle as you say. If that is true, maybe some of the support gurus can make a suggestion based on that (a mod installed as a theme).

Arantor

No, it's more that people usually associate 'can't install/uninstall mod' as 'this is a problem with the theme, switch to the default theme and try that', except that's not going to work here because Tapatalk makes a mess of everything it touches.

Let's start with a key question: what version of Tapatalk was installed?

lurkio

The tapatalk patch is Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin   4.3.9

Looks like I've managed to uninstall it will the fix_packages page. However, the forum is still  rather flaky many admin paged just bounce back to the main page  - including the page to set the theme

I did the &theme=1 but the theme settings still bounced back to the main page.
I really regret installing tapatalk now!

What I want to try and achieve is get the forum back to a 'standard' install. It has no mods prior and only had 1 theme

thanks
Simon

Kindred

what you are describing is often the action of mod_security (poorly configured by your host) or having WordPress installed on the same server (with overactive and poorly configured security options)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Restore the backup made prior to installing tapatalk.  It's in /Packages/backups.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkio

Hi, sorry for the threadomancy but it might help others

The issue was down the Hosting Apache mod_security!

thanks
Simon

Advertisement: