News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error 522, Lost all Mods after Update

Started by mcpheex3, February 23, 2017, 12:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcpheex3

Last night my site went down with a 522 error -could get through cloudflare but not to the server. After about an hour, it came back online with an error (see below). I went into cpanel and updated from 2.0.12 to 2.0.13. I could not figure out how to update the database (per the error). Today, I notice all of my mods are no longer installed. I have done all previous updates via a package, not from cpanel.

My questions:
Can you explain what caused the error?
Is this normal after an update (to have mods uninstall)?
If I reinstall will all the "likes" come back or are they gone for good?
Would I be better off going to a backup from last night (and losing posts from today) or just continuing on with reinstalled mods? Sucks to lose all those likes.

Site: flourishforum.com/forum
Current version: 2.0.13
Connected to server via cloudflare.
Error message:
Table './paperwhi_tffsmf/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/paperwhi/public_html/theflourishforum.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2688

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.12, while your database is at version 2.0.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Thank you.

Kindred

You have to repair the table. You can do so usually through cpanel or PHPmyadmin.

The database version error is a red herring. The database has not changed since 2.0 was released
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mcpheex3

Dav999

As for mods being lost, did you use a one-click auto-installer from your host?

mcpheex3

Sorry I didn't see your follow up question @Dav999.

I did the table repair and it worked. The forum loaded as normal with all the likes, mods, etc. (although I had already reinstalled all the mods). To answer your question, I always install via the package manager.

The error happened again later that week. (I personally still think it was something to do with my host but they were no help.) Anyway, I repaired the table again and it worked fine. Knock on wood.

Advertisement: