News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Old posts email notifications.

Started by macrob, February 23, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macrob

Hello.
My users are complaining that  they are getting a lot of email notifications about new posts in topics they are not subscribed. Bigger problem is that there's no new posts in that topics and they are getting notifications for posts sent  few days or even weeks ago. What's going on?

Kindred

What is your SMF version? What mods do you have installed? What is your url?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

macrob

Steve

Although an image is easier for you it's not for support members like Kindred who are on a mobile phone. He's probably going to ask you to provide a type-written list.

Also, you are two versions behind so we highly recommend you patch up to the current version (2.0.13) to take advantage of the security fixes.

And lastly, that url doesn't lead me to your forum.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Linkjay

Quote from: Steve on February 23, 2017, 06:32:57 PM
And lastly, that url doesn't lead me to your forum.

It doesn't even look like a forums is installed on the server that the domain points to based off of the directories that the index reveals.

(Unless, of course, it's buried in the nest of the wordpress directory in there)
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

macrob

Yes,  it's not working at the moment.  I've decided to remove everything from the server and replace it with a backup.  Just in case.

Advertisement: