How to tighten up mini Profile

Started by faliro, February 24, 2017, 06:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faliro

I want this gap gone:

https://i.snag.gy/C5driS.jpg

So it is like this:

https://i.snag.gy/Pos5lF.jpg

Any ideas? I am not sure how to close the gap.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

faliro

The theme has it all together. It only changed when I added the alerts mod. It made a gap. I know it can be remedied, but just dont know how.

Steve

Quote from: faliro on February 24, 2017, 08:39:52 PMIt only changed when I added the alerts mod. It made a gap.

Then you would need to ask in the support thread for that mod. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

faliro

Quote from: Steve on February 24, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
Quote from: faliro on February 24, 2017, 08:39:52 PMIt only changed when I added the alerts mod. It made a gap.

Then you would need to ask in the support thread for that mod. :)

:D I knew that was coming Steve!

faliro

I did ask and the response I got was nothing could be done about this. However, I am member of another forum that managed it so there must be a way.

Dzonny

Which exact "Alerts mod" are you using, can you post a link to that mod here?

faliro

Illori

can you provide a link to your forum so we can see the issue and possibly provide a fix?

Shambles

Dzonny

There seems to be an extra "<br class="clear">" somewhere inside the "<li class="greeting">" and it's causing the rest of the text to move in the new line. Can you try to find and remove it, or to attach your index.template.php (just guessing it's there though)?

Illori

no it is display.template.php not index.template.php.

faliro

Quote from: Illori on February 26, 2017, 03:12:42 PM

Think this is it attached.

Dzonny

Hows that so, shouldn't it be index.template where <li class="greeting"> content is?
In attached file, I don't see relevant code that should be removed though, faliro, can you attach index.template.php, just to take a look at it?

I was thinking that this mod is free on our site, and considering it's paid mod we can't see the changes its performing to core code, so can't exactly tell where the code is though.

faliro

Quote from: Dzonny on February 26, 2017, 05:28:07 PM
Hows that so, shouldn't it be index.template where <li class="greeting"> content is?
In attached file, I don't see relevant code that should be removed though, faliro, can you attach index.template.php, just to take a look at it?

I was thinking that this mod is free on our site, and considering it's paid mod we can't see the changes its performing to core code, so can't exactly tell where the code is though.

Do you want the index.template on the theme I currently using or the one in 'default' theme (excuse my severe ignorance).

Dzonny

Your current theme that you're using (on which you're experiencing the problems described in your first message).

Illori

Quote from: Dzonny on February 26, 2017, 05:28:07 PM

the issue is in the mini profile right? so that is in display.template.php not in the header. unless we are talking about something other then what i think we are.

faliro

Quote from: Dzonny on February 26, 2017, 06:39:21 PM
Your current theme that you're using (on which you're experiencing the problems described in your first message).

Here we are:

Kindred

Illori,   You didn't view the picture .  He didn't mean the in-post mini profile... he means the user info section in the header
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: