News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing the white areas to black

Started by Doomageddon1, February 25, 2017, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomageddon1

I was wondering if there is a way to change all the white areas to black. I can't find anywhere in the css to change that. If possible where and how?

lntit

I would just use the browser's console to check which id/class is responsible for the style of a certain area, and then editing the CSS file. :)
For black, one just have to change the color code e.g. #FFFFFF to #000000. Also, one will have to change or remove the white background image.

Illori

that is the developers tools, not console. the console would show javascript errors not what you are talking about ;)

lntit

Oops, of course, I meant the developer tool. :P

Kindred

or...   find and use a dark theme?

I am not certain that the default blue curve images will parse well into a dark background
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lntit

Or one could create a copy of the Curve theme and edit the CSS to get a dark/black version of the SMF default theme. :)
(I've done this with our forum in order to keep the compatibility to various important modifications :P)

Kindred

the thing that I am trying to point out is that the IMAGES (and Curve uses a lot of them) may not scan well into a dark theme.

Additionally, its more than a single change...  you will have to change multiple CSS entries, because there is the background of the site, the background of the forum section, the background of various subsections and text boxes, etc... and then the font and accent colors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: