News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

domain problem

Started by TheBrothersArm, February 25, 2017, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

so i've buy domain already and when i want to use it, it doesn't work, maybe im doing that wrong so anyone can help me how to activate my new domain name ?

d3vcho

What are you exactly doing? How do you know it doesn't "work"?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

TheBrothersArm

I cant use it cuz it waiting for name servers and type is parked so if i click to use my own domain and typing that domain name, it says domain is already use but i have still old forum link

Kindred

Well,  first, you need to wait for your new domain to resolve to your host.   Have you informed the host that you change your domain name?  Have you changed the dns settings in the hosting control panel?

Then you need to change all of your settings in smf to use the new domain...   the forum needs to be updated...  it can not automatically determine that you have changed domains
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

thank you Kindred fixed. /lock

Advertisement: