News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Recommend a good host? I am fuming.

Started by faliro, February 26, 2017, 08:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faliro

I am severely annoyed - severely. I spoke with a free to use company that recommends hosts and they lead me to Siteground. Siteground explained to me I could run a medium size forum on their 'start-up' package. Sadly this was a lie. I immediately broke their CPU time limits and Account Executions limits the minute I got to 22 forum members!! Of course they are shutting down my website daily now as I break these limits. In the begining they pretended the problem was because of bots - but once we excluded that possibility - they admitted that 'Start Up' package wont be able to host a forum - what is worse they even admitted GoGeek - their most expensive option would not be able to cope either and suggested their Cloud hosting starting at £50 per month!

I am so mad now. I complained and they said they understood but offered me no compensation - just said they would speak to their managers to make sure no one is lied to again the way I was..  :o :o Here is the problem:

And remember this a forum of 22 members!!  ;D ;D

Can anyone suggest a hosting service I can move to? I have clearly lost my money to Siteground and feel their must be a host out there that can host my forum for less that £50 a month!!

Thanks.

Antechinus

There certainly are hosts that can do that. Which one you choose may come down to terms of use. Some hosts are more "open-minded", and some prefer to limit their liabilities, or to maintain a family-friendly image.

Any of the hosts listed in this board will be fine: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=155.0

There are others too. ICDSoft has a very good reputation, for example. LiquidWeb is pretty good. There are just off the top of my head, and should not be taken as the only recommendations.

Kindred

I love icdsoft...   I have used them for 15 sites over the past 10 years
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

faliro

Quote from: Kindred on February 26, 2017, 08:50:38 PM
I love icdsoft...   I have used them for 15 sites over the past 10 years

What are icdsoft's Account Executions/CPU Usage Time limits?

What package they provide do you think would suit a medium sized smf forum?

Cheers.

Kindred

I have never needed more than their business package ($10/month)

No idea about CPU stuff.,  but I have had forums with 50-100 members active at one time and no issues. They have never complained about my site usages
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

faliro

Quote from: Kindred on February 26, 2017, 09:21:25 PM
I have never needed more than their business package ($10/month)

No idea about CPU stuff.,  but I have had forums with 50-100 members active at one time and no issues. They have never complained about my site usages

Joined up and migrated my forums there. Let's keep fingers crossed.  :laugh:

Advertisement: