News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

.PNG message icons?

Started by Ray., March 11, 2017, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray.

I'm having issues with .png message icons, it's saying that it couldn't be fount, but if I try .gif it works.

Can you use .png?

Kindred

Not without changing the code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

There is an old dodge where you use PNG images, but edit them manually to change the suffix to .gif. It may not work with all browsers these days. I haven't used it for ages, but it's easy enough to try it if you want to.

Arantor

It definitely won't work with IE 8+ given the way SMF is currently configured. Also may not work on Chrome for the same reason.

Antechinus

Far enough. I haven't tried it since IE7 was around.

Arantor

Yeah, the line in index.php that references 'nosniff' tells IE and Chrome to verify that the content of the file matches the type of file it claimed to be.

Ray.

Well can I do anything about that question, because I saw a forum that had nice msg icons, and when i downloaded them they were in .png format.

Arantor

You can either convert them to .gif, or you can edit the various bits of the code to point to .png files.

Ray.

Quote from: Arantor on March 15, 2017, 04:37:11 AM
You can either convert them to .gif, or you can edit the various bits of the code to point to .png files.

Alright than.

Advertisement: