News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Idea]Topic/Post blueprint

Started by Krzysiak[PL], March 14, 2017, 04:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krzysiak[PL]

Hey everybody.

I have an idea of new function, that I think would be helpful.

Description:
There should be an option, which allows you to start new topic as blueprint. What i mean saying blueprint? Well, when you start new subject in the section, where the "blueprint topic" is founded, when you start this new subject - you see the content of the "blueprint topic" over the section where you edit your post. There are many situations, when admins have problem with order at forum, where there are sections for example "New games (2017)" - In this post, users have to describe new games released in 2017. Admin wants for every new topic with new game to look the same. For example
1. Game title
2. 5 Screens 300x300
3. Game description
etc

Now he has to create new subject where he post all rules. Ok, this is not a problem, when we have only smart users on our forum, or when once posted rules are never changed in the future. With function "Topic blueprint" - every time, when somebody would want to start new topic in specified section - the rules will be displayed over the edit section. You see I had few times this problem - when I had to switch between few cards while writing new post.

Please say what do you think about this idea and when you don't understand sth.

Kindred

not going to be a feature....

but luckily for you...  there is already a mod
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Advertisement: