News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

sha 1 deprication in SMF

Started by T-Bone225, March 14, 2017, 11:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone225

Hello people, I'm trying to figure out if latest SMF 2.0.13 actually still uses sha1? If it is, then is there a way to somehow move to another encryption that's more up to current time?
hxxp:blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2016/11/18/countdown-to-sha-1-deprecation/#8C15EIfZ4c5xRWje.97 [nonactive]
Thanks in advance  :)

vbgamer45

No there isn't. 2.1 I believe changed it though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

d3vcho

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 14, 2017, 11:42:46 AM
2.1 I believe changed it though.

SHA-2 + Bcrypt is used in 2.1, if I remember well
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

We have already had this discussion...  sha1 is not "insecure" (especially since the only way it would matter in the first place is if someone got hold of the database

That being said, yes, the next version release uses bcrypt....   but there are not currently any plans to upgrade the current version
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Especially as that article talks about SSL certificates, which is a totally different thing to passwords.

Advertisement: