Basic mods for new forum

Started by qureshi12, February 04, 2017, 05:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qureshi12

I want to know the list of basic mods for new forum to make forum like a social community with discussion.

lurkalot

Dzonny

Hello there.

You may want to take a look at the breeze mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3839

Also take a look at the social mods on our mods site, as it really depends on what you're looking for, so we can't suggest exact mods, so it's better to look by yourself.

qureshi12

Quote from: Dzonny on February 04, 2017, 05:41:17 AM
Hello there.

You may want to take a look at the breeze mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3839

Also take a look at the social mods on our mods site, as it really depends on what you're looking for, so we can't suggest exact mods, so it's better to look by yourself.

breeze mod is only for profile wall?

can i use it as a post reply?

Dzonny

Not really sure what you're asking, how do you mean as a post reply? That is mod for creating social network on profiles, with comments, statuses, etc. Please use a support topic if you have additional questions regards the mod itself.

Linkjay

I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Gluz

There are no "basic mods" list, it really depends on what type of content/community you will have in your forum, and how do you want to address/display some things. You could have 50 mods and yet miss some functionality or have 10 mods and be satisfied with all the options in the forum.

Linkjay

Quote from: Gluz on February 06, 2017, 02:33:56 AM
There are no "basic mods" list, it really depends on what type of content/community you will have in your forum, and how do you want to address/display some things. You could have 50 mods and yet miss some functionality or have 10 mods and be satisfied with all the options in the forum.

That is very true. I still find myself getting new mods all the time that I wish I would have had before. Googling a bunch of "best SMF mods list" helps a lot, at least for me, to find a lot of the essentials for SMF. I found some good anti-spam mods, reCAPTCHA, SimplePortal, etc.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Rust

Get StopForumSpam installed right off the bat. ;)

landyvlad

Quote from: qureshi12 on February 04, 2017, 05:25:06 AM
I want to know the list of basic mods for new forum to make forum like a social community with discussion.

This might be of interest:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=551987.msg3913230#msg3913230

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: