News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Several Parse error: syntax error, please help me

Started by lalulula, March 18, 2017, 12:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lalulula

Hi, this is my forum (I am not allowed to post external links.....)
I had  SMF 2.0.6 , theme: SMF Default Theme - Curve
but I was encountering several Parse error: syntax errors on different parts of my forum, so I decided to upgrade to SMF 2.0.13

I'm affraid that didnt fixed the problem, so this are the errors I am getting now:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/...Sources/ManageMaintenance.php on line 872

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/...Sources/Display.php on line 1399

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/...Sources/Profile.php on line 764

Please help me out, I have no idea what to do :(

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

More than likely an installed module causing that, can you post a snapshot of the error log showing those messages and a list of the modules you have installed?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

lalulula

THANKS FOR BEING THERE :)

I am attaching some images.

The mods seems to be ok.

all the errors point to subs.php

I remember now that yesterday I run an antivirus to all my files, and found some errors that where fixed, maybe that altered some files and generated the problem?

Shambles

Looks like whatever you ran against your forum files has destroyed all occurrences of calls to the preg_replace_callback function.

Certainly that's the case in the 3 files you attached.

I'd upload a fresh set of files if I were you - who knows how many other files have been affected, or roll-back to any backups you may have kept.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

What steps did you do to upgrade to SMF 2.0.13? You may need to do a manual upgrade and re-install your modules using the large upgrade zip file if you used the patch method by clicking the link in package manager over and over...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

lalulula

yes, thats what I did.... I would love to do a manual re-install of everything, do you know any step by step tutorial?
I am afraid to ruin my forum

lalulula

lalulula

thanks so much, you guys. I followed the instructions and now all is working well.
you saved me, thanks.

Advertisement: