News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ANy suggestion on theme which has blogs plus forum together

Started by ashwani019, March 20, 2017, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashwani019

Hi experts,

Looking to start a website on specific environmental issues bu the requirement is to have a forum as well as blogs in the same website. is there a recommendation on which will be best theme. Dont mind even buying it if it is not too costly...

regards
Ash

Looking

Free themes are available here: Themes. If you want one custom built you can request it here: Help Wanted.

Illori

SMF is a forum if you want a blog as well, you would need to install one or a blog mod to get what you want. a theme will not give you a blog.

ashwani019

Thank you!!,

do you have some example of forum who have the blogs also available...Like you mentioned with a blog Mod..

Regards

Deaks

Quote from: Illori on March 20, 2017, 07:38:11 AM
SMF is a forum if you want a blog as well, you would need to install one or a blog mod to get what you want. a theme will not give you a blog.

No nice for PM to give incorrect info, after all, SMF is used as a blog on this site:

http://blogs.simplemachines.org/

Also a well-done theme could do a blog look, do you not remember the theme Bloggy by Eren
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

nope i dont recall any bloggy theme also i dont know who eren is.

yes we do have a blog page there, but that is not 100% part of the forum.

br360

The bloggy theme is still on the theme site but it's close to 10 years old and latest version was for 1.1.5

I personally don't recall any built in blogs for any 2.0 themes, but like mentioned above; there are plenty of cool free themes on the theme site, and at least a couple of blogs mods that would probably work nicely with any theme- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=blog;bool=and;asc;start=0

My suggestion would be to find a theme you really like first and install that- then install one of the blog mods that best works for the site you are trying to create.

ashwani019

Thanks All,

let me do some research and come back on suggestions.

Cheers
Ash

landyvlad

I have used wordpress for my main 'site' www.gsx1400owners.org and from there linked to my SMF forum.

I've used a theme appropriate to my needs but there are MANY good blogging themes - in fact wordpress was originally designed specifically for that purpose.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: