News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error when uploading large files to forum

Started by Dylert, March 23, 2017, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

Hello! I am testing SMF 2.1 and it seems really great! Thanks a lot for the work you do!

Anyway I have found one thing: When I try to upload big files (8-10mb pictures) I get an error at least 50% of the times. Please see attachment in this post. When uploading smaller files everything is ok. Is there a solution for this?
Thanks a lot!

Illori

Dylert

Illori

upgrade to the lastest from github and try again

Dylert

Dylert

Sorry, but I'm not able to install the latest version on GitHub. When I come to install.php?step=3 I get this: HTTP ERROR 500

Dylert

Is it this version i should install?
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/archive/release-2.1.zip

I have no chance to install it. I have tried many times now.....
I also reinstalled the version from February 21th with no problem.

There has to be something wrong with the latest version (?)

Illori

what is in your server error log? we need to know the cause of the 500 error.

shawnb61

I cannot run the latest installer either.  The message I get is: "Fatal error: Function name must be a string in install.php on line 971"

New error logged on Github. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Dylert

Now I don't get the ERROR 500 anymore, I get the same error as shawnb61: Fatal error: Function name must be a string in install.php on line 971
It is on page 3 of the installer.

shawnb61

The installer error has been fixed.  Please feel free to try again with the latest from github.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Dylert

Thanks a lot! That's graet!

I also found out one more thing about the uploader. When you try to upload files bigger than 10 Mb no thumbnail is generated. Files smaller that 10 Mb is ok. Please see attached file.

Arantor

At that point it's probably too big for PHP to actually handle to make a thumbnail.

I've seen cases where a 20MB JPG file requires about 350MB of RAM (far beyond what the host would let PHP have access to) to make a thumbnail.

Advertisement: