HTML usage moderator group permission

Started by Doktrin, March 24, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktrin

Hello , sorry for bad english.

SMF forum usage HTML tag allow only "admin group", i want allow "moderators group". how can I do it ? thank you.

Arantor

You want to give your moderators the ability to potentially hack any member of your site?

Doktrin

I want to give my moderators permission to use html tag.

Arantor

Same thing. If they have the HTML tag, they can use it to steal user passwords.

Why do they need the HTML tag anyway?

Kindred

to be more clear... no... we are not going to tell you how to break the security of your site.

but Arantor's question is important:
Quote from: Arantor on March 24, 2017, 03:00:09 PM
Why do they need the HTML tag anyway?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doktrin

I want to share steam game in html tag but can only use admin.

sample :

[html]<iframe src="http://store.steampowered.com/widget/447820/" frameborder="0" width="646" height="190"></iframe>[html]

Linkjay

You could always take that screenshot, open it in a photo editor, crop out all of the unnecessary parts and then use a good ol' [img] tag.

You don't want to ever give anyone, except the primary group, access to the  tag because as said a lot of times now, it is a huge security risk.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Doktrin

Is there a different way to show steam games by iframe without using the html tag?

Arantor

I'd personally build a dedicated bbcode for it but that's something I don't have the time to do right now.

Doktrin

I think if there is such a BBcode, it will be used by many people.

Arantor

Unlikely, this is the first time I've seen this requested in the last decade.

Advertisement: