News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

News letter Issue - Forum version: SMF 2.0.13

Started by Kiriakos GR, March 25, 2017, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

I am facing an issue with News Letter service ( I am forum administrator).

when I exclude from check boxes ( Select the groups to receive this newsletter)  Administrator and Global moderators accounts,  then newsletters does not send at all.
After me pressing send button ,  forum engine this reload by it self Administration Center page.

Only setting that works this is me to include Members..  plus Administrator and Global moderators accounts.

I am using SMF for four years,  and I do not use News Letter service frequently. 
Also I am not using any special email settings, as for example delay at sending.

Is there any explanation ? 

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you tried Excluded Groups in Advanced settings?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 25, 2017, 04:06:40 PM
Have you tried Excluded Groups in Advanced settings?

that has nothing to do with who receives the newsletter. just who can edit the news items and who can send out news.

Sir Osis of Liver

Excluded Groups:
Select groups who should definitely not receive the newsletter.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 25, 2017, 05:14:22 PM

Excluded Groups:
Select groups who should definitely not receive the newsletter.

i was looking on the wrong page.

Kiriakos GR

Thanks for first wave of advice's,  I will try some tests when email server this is back in action.
After writing my message here, few hours later mail server of my provider this stopped working. 

Kiriakos GR

I did in depth testing and now I can verify that issue which I reported it is a fact.

Newsletters -> Please select who should receive a copy of the newsletter -> Membergroups: Select the groups to receive this newsletter.

With out me including among Members groups :  Administrator or  Global Moderator as recipients - Then sending email process to Regular Members does not start.

I did test settings of Advanced tab,  Regular Members was selected at primary tab (only them) and I use Advanced tab so to exclude Administrator or  Global Moderator as recipients.
Sending email process to Regular Members does not start either.

What seems working this is only one setting. 
All Membergroups selected at Newsletter tab, and excluding Administrator &  Global Moderator as recipients from Advanced tab.

In conclusion there is a specific settings combination which it does work, and several other combinations which they do fail.

Arantor

Are there any people actually in Regular Members? If they all have a different primary group, none of them will be in Regular Members.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Arantor on April 02, 2017, 08:31:43 AM
Are there any people actually in Regular Members? If they all have a different primary group, none of them will be in Regular Members.

I never engaged that much about creating special member groups.
There is a counter of participants in its group ( News letter section) and counted Regular Members number this is correct. 

Advertisement: