Unable to access any admin options

Started by brandon199511, March 25, 2017, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandon199511

Hello, I updated smf to the latest version today and all was working fine. I installed my previous packages and all went well. Until I installed PrettyURLS. That mod seemed to mess everything up so i uninstalled it. No errors or logs of any sort. But the page was all white screens. So i used the repair tool. Did not help. Used the package fix tool, same issue. Went in and deleted prettyurls code out of everything and even the databasses. That fixed it enough to get text back on the screen. Used the update tool again to reset the files. Got everything back in the default layout. However, I could click "Admin" and get to the admin page. But when you click anything else, it loads the link but puts you back into the boards instead of what you wanted. I backed everything up and did a clean install with a new database as well. Same issue. Did this 10-15 times and even tried to upgrade to 2.1 but i got a moderators group error when attempting that. Not sure what I can do at this point. Any help?

Also, I get this on the "Current SMF Version:" Current SMF version: [object HTMLElement]

Edit: Also found out that I cannot load member profiles. Cant get to maintenance tab either. Also, I have access to Cpannel and PHPMyAdmin
Edit: Can't make or reply to topics.
Edit: Can't log out.
Edit: added status file if it helps? http://stealthykhans.com/forums/status.php

http://www.forums.stealthykhans.com

Illori

since this is an issue caused by the mod you need to post in the mods support topic to get further assistance.

Kindred

Undo the changes that prettyurls makes to your htaccess
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

brandon199511

I have no mods at the moment. Clean install. New database. Nothing is from mods or packages.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

brandon199511

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
Undo the changes that prettyurls makes to your htaccess
There is no longer a htaccess file since i wiped it and installed fresh. Should there be one?

brandon199511

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2017, 07:28:33 PM
Did you actually delete files?
I backed them up. Right now i went ahead and reloaded the backup to see if it changes anything. Same issue though but the forum loads up now on the backup.

Edit: Deleted everything again and reinstalling a fresh version with a empty database for anyone to test if need be.

Edit: New install with new database, same issue..

brandon199511

To give an example. This is what SMF is saying my profile is...

This is all my admin options:

It seems as anything that is put after ?action=______; (Anything further here)....
Just shows the boards

Kindred

Is mod_security installed on your host?

Are you using any other software? Like, maybe, Wordpress?
Слaва
Украинi

brandon199511

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2017, 09:16:19 PM
Is mod_security installed on your host?

Are you using any other software? Like, maybe, Wordpress?

I do actually use wordpress for the frontpage. I havent had any issues in the past from it though. And I am not sure on the mod_security

Colin

Agreed, this sounds like a mod security issue. Can you ask your host?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Well, the behavior thabyou describe can actually be normally ascribed to a badly configured installation of mOd_security on the server (check with your host) or Wordpress with one of their security addons installed... Wordpress assumes that it is the only script which should be running and intercepts some calls, especially to admin
Слaва
Украинi

brandon199511

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2017, 11:02:00 PM
Well, the behavior thabyou describe can actually be normally ascribed to a badly configured installation of mOd_security on the server (check with your host) or Wordpress with one of their security addons installed... Wordpress assumes that it is the only script which should be running and intercepts some calls, especially to admin

I may just remove wordpress all together since I don't actually use it at the moment and turn the forums.s... to just the regular website. Ill contact in regards to the mod in the meantime

brandon199511

Hey guys thanks for the hand. Got rid of wordpress and moved smf to the home domain instead of subdomain and now its working fine. Thanks you!!

Advertisement: