Need some direction about registration page

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, March 28, 2017, 08:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I have had this problem for quite some time and can't figure out how to fix it. On the registration page where you fill out the fields, my visual verification image often overlaps the edges of the field size so many times the user is only seeing 5 of the 6 characters that are displayed. Somewhere over the years that field has been changed somehow and I haven't a clue when or where it happened. Everyone elses field size that I've visited is so much larger than mine, I've looked in the template and the source and see nothing about field length and even in .css tried a few things, but to no avail, any pointers?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Shambles

The image is created in Subs-Graphics.php (within function showCodeImage)

No idea why your image box is smaller than the total sum width of your letters. I'll have a play later and see if I can suggest a remedy.

Shambles

Ok, in Sources/Subs-Graphics.php:

Code (Find) Select
// Determine the dimensions of each character.
$total_width = $character_spacing * strlen($code) + 20;

Experiment changing the 20 to a higher value.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Shambles on March 28, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
Ok, in Sources/Subs-Graphics.php:

Code (Find) Select
// Determine the dimensions of each character.
$total_width = $character_spacing * strlen($code) + 20;

Experiment changing the 20 to a higher value.

Yep, thank you mucho, changed it to 50 and suits me fine now, that should do it, will mark resolved. It never occurred to me that it would be in that file, learn something new every day...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: