"It appears that your database may require an upgrade"

Started by ArMaP, March 28, 2017, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArMaP

On a forum I help administrating we couldn't upgrade from version 2.0.something to 2.0.12, so we installed a new forum at version 2.0.13 and pointed it to the old database. Now, when trying to delete inactive members we got this error:

QuoteThe SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
File: /forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 2684

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.13, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Would copying the upgrade.php and sql files and execute the upgrade.php solve the problem? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

Did you run repair_settings.php when you "pointed the new install at the old database"?

Did you have any mods installed?

As another note...   why couldn't you upgrade?   Instead of working out the issue, you went for the nuclear option?  That doesn't seem efficient
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ArMaP

Quote from: Kindred on March 29, 2017, 12:09:58 AM
Did you run repair_settings.php when you "pointed the new install at the old database"?
No, and I was wrong when I said that we pointed the install at the old database, we imported the old database to a new one and pointed the new install at that one.

QuoteDid you have any mods installed?
Simple Portal and Simple Video Audio Embedder.

QuoteAs another note...   why couldn't you upgrade?   Instead of working out the issue, you went for the nuclear option?  That doesn't seem efficient
I would prefer to understand the problem and solve it, but I didn't have the opportunity.

PS: as everybody probably noticed I'm a newbie in these things and only do this on my spare time, if things were different I would read all the documentation first, as I usually do.

Kindred

Even if you did an import, you still have to run reoair_settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ArMaP

I'll run the repair_settings.php file, but where can I find it?

Edit: never mind, I found it. :)

ArMaP

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

That looks like a database error, not a path problem.  Was 2.0.13 installed in the same directory as the original forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ArMaP

Quote from: Steve on March 29, 2017, 10:56:03 PM
Did it suggest changes and did you apply them?
Only for some paths, like the avatar's and attachment's folders.

ArMaP

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 29, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
Was 2.0.13 installed in the same directory as the original forum?
No, it was installed in a new directory.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you run repair_settings twice?  Does everything else work normally?

- R. Waters

ArMaP

I run repair_settings twice, but, apparently, it didn't work.
A hour ago I tried to delete an user from the forum and it worked without any error message.

Could it be that it took some time for repair_settings to have some effect?

Sir Osis of Liver

repair_settings should have immediate effect.  Don't think this is a settings issue, the error you posted seems to be objecting to query syntax.  If the problem recurs, we can take another look.

- R. Waters

ArMaP

Thanks everybody. :)

If it happens again I will return to this topic.

Advertisement: