News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

UTF-8 coversion & Change server on PHP MyAdmin

Started by landyvlad, March 29, 2017, 06:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I'm doing UTF-8 character conversion following these directions

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/UTF-8_Readme

I have installed the two (English and English British) UTF-8 character packs

I'm up to:
Quote7. Once all the UTF-8 language packs have been installed, convert the language settings of each user by running this query:
UPDATE smf_members
SET lngfile = CONCAT(lngfile, '-utf8')
WHERE lngfile != ''

When I start PHPMyAdmin from cPanel on my host it is pointing to
Quoteserver: localhost 3306

How do I make it point to my actual online forum database?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

1. Yes.
2. It is pointing to your actual database. phpMyAdmin lives on the server and it is communicating with something else on the same server. As far as it is concerned it is just that: local host.

landyvlad

Thanks. That seems to have worked nicely.

Where do I find this setting now?

10. If any of your posts contain HTML entities, you will want to convert these to UTF-8 as well by running "Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters"
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Arantor

landyvlad

tis in forum maintenance - Database.

Thanks for your timely help - much appreciated !  :)

Advertisement: