Remove Personalized Picture [SMF 2.0.13]

Started by Asd32, March 30, 2017, 06:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asd32

Hi,

I need to remove the option to select custom avatar. I think it's easy, but I can not do it.

Thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's in Admin -> Permissions -> Member Profiles -> Select an avatar from the server.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Asd32

Oh, thanks.

Fixed, but the option is still displayed. How do I eliminate it completely?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want none of your users to be able to have an avatar at all?

Asd32

Exact. I disabled the option, but the box still appears. Look at the second image.

br360

To remove that, look in your profile.template.php

Find-

// Start with the upper menu
   echo '
                     <dt>
                        <strong id="personal_picture">', $txt['personal_picture'], '</strong>
                        <input type="radio" onclick="swap_avatar(this); return true;" name="avatar_choice" id="avatar_choice_none" value="none"' . ($context['member']['avatar']['choice'] == 'none' ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' class="input_radio" /><label for="avatar_choice_none"' . (isset($context['modify_error']['bad_avatar']) ? ' class="error"' : '') . '>' . $txt['no_avatar'] . '</label><br />
                        ', !empty($context['member']['avatar']['allow_server_stored']) ? '<input type="radio" onclick="swap_avatar(this); return true;" name="avatar_choice" id="avatar_choice_server_stored" value="server_stored"' . ($context['member']['avatar']['choice'] == 'server_stored' ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' class="input_radio" /><label for="avatar_choice_server_stored"' . (isset($context['modify_error']['bad_avatar']) ? ' class="error"' : '') . '>' . $txt['choose_avatar_gallery'] . '</label><br />' : '', '
                        ', !empty($context['member']['avatar']['allow_external']) ? '<input type="radio" onclick="swap_avatar(this); return true;" name="avatar_choice" id="avatar_choice_external" value="external"' . ($context['member']['avatar']['choice'] == 'external' ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' class="input_radio" /><label for="avatar_choice_external"' . (isset($context['modify_error']['bad_avatar']) ? ' class="error"' : '') . '>' . $txt['my_own_pic'] . '</label><br />' : '', '
                        ', !empty($context['member']['avatar']['allow_upload']) ? '<input type="radio" onclick="swap_avatar(this); return true;" name="avatar_choice" id="avatar_choice_upload" value="upload"' . ($context['member']['avatar']['choice'] == 'upload' ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' class="input_radio" /><label for="avatar_choice_upload"' . (isset($context['modify_error']['bad_avatar']) ? ' class="error"' : '') . '>' . $txt['avatar_will_upload'] . '</label>' : '', '
                     </dt>
                     <dd>';

// If users are allowed to choose avatars stored on the server show selection boxes to choice them from.

Replace with-

// If users are allowed to choose avatars stored on the server show selection boxes to choice them from.

Make sure to back up that file first though, just in case ;)

Arantor

Interesting. Given how many people actually look at who is posting by the image rather than the user name, this is interesting, and likely to annoy users. The only time this doesn't is if you're doing anonymous posting, for which there are better routes anyway.

Asd32

Advertisement: