Mysql not compiled right in php or incorrect extension

Started by jburkholder, November 04, 2005, 12:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburkholder

Good Afternoon,
Alright I know others have had this problem because i've been reading through the forums but the solutions that have worked for them have not worked for me.  I am running IIS 6.0 with PHP 5.0.4 and Mysql 4.1 and everything works fine normally.  I can bring up php web sites and all that fun stuff, but when I try to run the install.php page so that I can configure stuff so that i can use the forums it gives me the error

QuoteThe installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Click here to try this step again.

Im not sure what to do with this.  I've run through some of the troubleshooting steps.  Everything seems correct in my php.ini file and the extension folder is correct with the php_mysql.dll file in it.  Im adding a link to my phpinfo.php file i have temporarily created.  If anyone could please let me know how I can fix this so I can getting it running that would be great.  My boss would like to see it running today.

hxxp:208.51.143.132/phpinfo.php [nonactive]

Oldiesmann

It appears to be there. Do you have libmysql.dll in your System32 directory (or someplace where Windows can find it)?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

jburkholder

I had libmysql in C:/php and I moved it to the system32 folder, and now it stoped giving me that error.  Thanks soo much for your help.

John Burkholder,
Kandersteg, Inc.

Advertisement: