News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeatsMe

Quote from: Nibogo on April 07, 2014, 06:09:16 PM
New 2.0.4 merging both packages (SMF 1.1.X and SMF 2.0) and also merging the three installation scripts (install.php, uninstall_optional.php, uninstall_mandatory.php) into db_install.php

So just restructuring of the mods files......    Were there any bug fixes to this mod??

Not that i'm having any problems with this mod, currently running SMF 2.0.6 and the mod works perfectly for me  8)

Nibogo

I found no bug, so far. I saw that installation was too complicated, and I've never been a fan of having two packages. I'm listening to any possible bug you may found. :)

Padre gremista

Which the archive that is the "users online in last week"?

I want edit this for portuguese brazilian.
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

margarett

You shouldn't need to do it, the MOD already includes PT and PT_BR language files. You should find in Themes/default/languages the files
UsersOnlineToday.portuguese_brazilian.php
UsersOnlineToday.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Padre gremista

Quote from: margarett on May 05, 2014, 02:06:44 PM
You shouldn't need to do it, the MOD already includes PT and PT_BR language files. You should find in Themes/default/languages the files
UsersOnlineToday.portuguese_brazilian.php
UsersOnlineToday.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php

Yes, but the translation in archive brazilian_portuguese was as "user online in last 7 days"

Myself edited the archive and the question is solved.

atticuk

I installed this Mod on my test site with no problems, when I tried to upload it to my main site it showed error in the database. Something about copy right.

Could it be that the GUP licence only cover on install?

margarett

A specific error is always required... Also versions of both test and live forums.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Nicky_uk

Hi, I just installed this mod and the install seemed to go fine, but I don't see the usersonline today in the info center? Is there something I need to do? I'm using SMF 2.0.7 - thanks

Nicky_uk

Actually, I have to take that back... it is working on the 'default Curve' theme, but not on the others.. so I guess I need to add manually to other themes (I was looking at Curve Minimal)

Padre gremista

Is possible modify the mod to show users of the last 30 days?

Branko.

Subs-UsersOnlineToday.php
Time in seconds: 604800  is for 7 days ...just change it to 2592000 (30days)
Note: Settings for period must be for 7 days and $txt['uot_users_online_last_7_days']='Users Logged In Last 30 Days';
This is a simple variant  :)
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Rk2910

Hi all, just searched to no avail about this and maybe it is a SMF question in general.
With this mod (thank you it's great) it shows how many members logged in and who logged in & checked the "hide my status" box. Is there a way to find out, at an admin or admin + mod level, who is surfing the site hidden?

margarett

You, as admin, can see who is viewing the site online directly on BoardIndex, without any MODs. You will notice some usernames in italics, those are hidden.

Rk2910

ahHAAA - interesting. I searched for the definition of the italics I saw both on phpbb and smf with no luck - I always thought it meant they were posting at that time because sometimes I would see them regular and sometimes in italics.  Mystery solved about that.
So now I wonder if this mod shows, to me, the hidden person in italics, in the list of people online today?  Have to keep an eye on it.
Thanks Bruno.

SD-X

Quote from: Rk2910 on January 08, 2015, 05:33:39 AM
So now I wonder if this mod shows, to me, the hidden person in italics, in the list of people online today?  Have to keep an eye on it.
It should. :)

Nibogo

Quote from: Rk2910 on January 08, 2015, 05:33:39 AM
ahHAAA - interesting. I searched for the definition of the italics I saw both on phpbb and smf with no luck - I always thought it meant they were posting at that time because sometimes I would see them regular and sometimes in italics.  Mystery solved about that.
Thanks Bruno.

It does shows hidden users with italics. Keep in mind that those members that are shown bold are those who are buddies of you. Just in case you have that mistery too :P

Rk2910

It does show the history and member in italics  8)
Thanks for the help all  :)

Rk2910

So a new question - is it possible to store the number of users online today (I use the "Current day" mode which I assume is 12-12) when it kicks over to the next day?  Maybe automatically at the time it starts over and also a on/off switch?  Maybe store in a log file or a table or something? I never stay up late enough to see what my daily total was before it starts over again.  This way I can see trends and such.

SD-X

Quote from: Rk2910 on February 06, 2015, 10:08:01 AM
So a new question - is it possible to store the number of users online today (I use the "Current day" mode which I assume is 12-12) when it kicks over to the next day?  Maybe automatically at the time it starts over and also a on/off switch?  Maybe store in a log file or a table or something? I never stay up late enough to see what my daily total was before it starts over again.  This way I can see trends and such.
If you mean the most users online in a single day of your forum's history, I believe SMF already logs and displays this by default in the stats section. If you mean a day-to-day status, I don't believe this mod does this by default, but I'm sure you could probably code it to do such.

Advertisement: