News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Broken Upgrade

Started by christicehurst, November 06, 2005, 11:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

Hello guys,

My forum is cracking the ******s at something ad will only say this...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cache_get_data() in /home/chisouts/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2388

Help me! I'm just a writer!

Cheers

Chris Ticehurst
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

redone

Did you upgrade from 1.05 to 1.1rc? Did the upgrade go without problems? Any mod's installed?

~redone

christicehurst

Yes that's what I did. There didn't seem to be any problems. Expect the upgrader to tell me to update my theme files then it was happy to move on.

Cheers

Chris Ticehurst

redone

If there is a problem during upgrade you normally would get an error message if the upgrade encountered a problem.

You get new clean theme files from the upgrade package so I am a little confused on that one. Here is the link to the upgrade package again:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php/smf_1-1-rc1_upgrade.zip

Download clean copies of the upgrade and follow the instructions. Make a note of any errors you get and if you are still having issues I will take a look for you.

~redone

christicehurst

Every forumboard I try to fix always end up in a worse shape and sometimes it dies completely. I think it's best if you go into my cpanel and ftp and fix the problem. I t may just be a simple problem but to me it's all japanese.

If the problem is bad, just remove the whole forum and install with the newest version of 1.1.0 which a friend told me about before I tried to upgrade.

If anyone is up for the mission. Please reply to me.

Cheers

Chris Ticehurst

christicehurst

Don't owrry about it now. I've completely removed the forum so there's no point in hanging around and trying to get help. I will discuss with others about the possible idea of upgrade to 1.1.

Cheers

Chris Ticehurst

Advertisement: