News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

phpBB2.0.5 > SMF 1.0.5 convertor problem

Started by maartenori, November 09, 2005, 10:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maartenori

I try and convert from phpBB2.0.5 on an old (RedHat 8.0) server to SMF 1.0.5 on a newer server. Have dumped and reloaded the phpBB databases and also copied the config.php + extension.inc of phpBB in the right place.
After installing the SMF files and running the install.php I try and convert from phpBB with phpbb2_to_smf.php downloaded from the SMF site. It converts the forums, topics and posts ok. It then asks for converting the smileys. When starting this it returns with the first convertor page telling that there was an error:

The database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again.

Because I use the same password for the database and the administrator user it should work ...

Any help?

The mysql version is mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
PHP is php-4.3.11-2.7

Elmacik

I suggest you to use the same database for phpbb2 and smf.
I mean, restore your phpbb2 backup into your new SMF database then try the conversation again
Home of Elmacik

maartenori

Even with the two bulletin boards in the same database the conversion stopped with a password error.
I checked the convertor script for the error message. The password check is done before the require for the phpBB config.php ... I changed the sequence of these statements and added a command to set the passwords all equal. After that the convertor worked.
I know, the passwords are not allways equal, but at least it worked for me.

But the 'require' and the password check are out of sync in the original convertor script. And the variable name in config.php in my version of phpBB (2.0.5) is $dbpasswd as opposed to the use further on in the convertor script: $db_passwd.

Elmacik

Hmm... Thats because of your phpBB version I think.. Glad you could make it work :)
But if you see the downloads page, it says the convertor is tested with *only* phpBB 2.0.7
Home of Elmacik

Oldiesmann

As far as I know, the phpBB database structure hasn't changed between 2.0.5 and 2.0.17...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: