News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Invision 1.1.2 to SMF 1.0.5 help

Started by bubazoo, November 12, 2005, 09:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubazoo

Hey guys,

My wife has an Invision Power Board 1.1.2   that we would like to attempt to convert to SMF 1.0.5  without too much trouble?

how do we do this?

I downloaded the invision_to_smf.php file

and I downloaded smf_1-0-5_install.zip

now, what do I do now?

do I follow the SMF  forum install instructions first?
in the same directory and SQL database as her IPB install?

and then I run the .php after thats done?   is that the procedure I follow?

that should convert her existing IPB users and posts to SMF right?

after thats done, do I then delete the old files and databases?

my wife is having a terrible time with spammers signing up for accounts and I really want to help her out, but not sure how to do this.

thanks guys

Elmacik

What you tell is the exact procedure.
But I am not sure if it will work with IPB 1x
Home of Elmacik

Oldiesmann

IPB 1.1.2 is quite old, but if you can provide us with a database dump (just the structure is fine), we can try to make an IPB converter for that version as well...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

KD

Hi, I'm having a problem with the converter.  I want to go from an IPB 1.3 Final to SMF 1.0.5

The SMF 1.0.5 is installed and is running just fine.  Both forums are installed on the same mysql server in two different databases (one named ipb and the other names smf).  The same username is used to access both databases in mysql.

I uploaded invision_to_smf.php to the root directory of the SMF forum and I tried to run it.  There is the page where it asks me the path to the SMF forum and the path to the Invision forum and the SMF database password.  I write everything down and when I hit the "Continue" button, it reloads the same page but with this error at the top:
"The database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again."

The problem is that I entered the right mysql password.  I checked with the hosts to make sure and they confirmed the password.  So what's wrong?

EDIT: It's alright, I found a hint in another thread :)

Advertisement: