Problems after changing version and URL !!

Started by eragonn, November 13, 2005, 06:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragonn

Well....after some hours of fighting, I'm out of gas, so I want to ask you if you could help me with my forum!

here is the forum path:

www.l2-aod.com/l2/smf/

After upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.1, the copyright got removed, and each time I want to login, I get the error, "Please wait 5 second before you try again" or something

I wanted to change the url from

hxxp:web1.39186.vs.webtropia.com [nonactive] to hxxp:www.l2-aod.com [nonactive] , but as you can see when you enter the forum, I only got error upon error

Please help me, and If this has been answered, please give me an topic link, so I can get rid of this errors!!

Peace

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

eragonn

did try that, but It wont help....please take a look at the forum!

I dont know what to do...:(

eragonn

WTF !!!

I've been waiting for a few hours, without respond!!

Please help me, I dont want to install the forum again!!!

Larathiel

Glad to have found this topic.

I'm using shared hosting and the hosting company installed SMF to www.domain.com/smf [nofollow] whereas I wanted it accessible via forums.domain.com [nofollow]. Their "tech" support was pretty much useless. However the repair_settings.php file worked perfectly.

I just renamed /smf to /forums (the target of the "forums." subdomain), uploaded the repair_settings.php file (found in xeno's link) to /forums and ran it.

For the URLs I specified http://forums.domain.com [nofollow] (instead of the recommended http://domain.com/forums [nofollow]) and then replaced "smf" with "forums" in the absolute directory paths.

Worked like a charm.

Now to check out that thread about integrating SMF with Mambo...  ;)

Oldiesmann

Quote from: eragonn on November 13, 2005, 07:08:00 AM
did try that, but It wont help....please take a look at the forum!

I dont know what to do...:(

What do you mean "It won't help"? It should indeed help.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: